프랭크 시나트라 / Frank Sinatra

가장 큰 복수는 크게 성공하는 것입니다.
The best revenge is massive success.

존 우든 / John Wooden

당신이 할 수 없는 일들로 인해,
할 수 있는 일들이 방해받지 않도록 하십시오.
Do not let what you cannot do
interfere with what you can do.

토마스 에디슨 / Thomas Edison

인생에서 실패를 한 많은 사람들이
포기를 했을 때가 성공을 얼마 앞두지 않은
시점이라는 사실을 깨닫지 못합니다.

Many of life’s failures are experienced
by people who did not realize
how close they were to sucess
when they gave up

작가미상 / Unknown

인생은 두가지 규칙이 있습니다.
첫째는 절대로 포기 하지 않는 것이고
둘째는 첫번째 규칙을 늘 기억하는 것입니다.

Life has two rules;
#1. Never quit
#2. Always remember rule #1.

시드니 J 해리스 / Sydney J. Harris

누군가 한숨을 지으며
‘삶이 너무 힘들어’ 라고 하면
나는 항상 물어보고 싶어진다
‘무엇과 비교해서?’

When I hear somebody sigh,
“Life is hard,”
I am always tempted to ask,
“Compared to what?”

윌리엄 제임스 / William James

인생을 두려워하지 마십시오.
인생을 살 만한 가치가 있고,
당신의 믿음이 그러한 사실들을 만들어 주게 될것입니다.
Be not afraid of life.
Believe that life is worth living,
and your belief will help create the fact.

데니스 킴브로 / Dennis P. Kimbro

인생은 10%는 우리에게 어떤 일이 일어났는 지와
90%는 우리가 어떻게 그것에 반응을 하는가 입니다.
Life is 10% what happens to us and
90% how we react to it.

데니스 킴브로 / Dennis P. Kimbro

인생은 10%는 우리에게 어떤 일이 일어났는 지와
90%는 우리가 어떻게 그것에 반응을 하는가 입니다.
Life is 10% what happens to us and
90% how we react to it.

루 홀츠 / Lou Holtz

당신의 문제를 절대로 타인에게 말하지 마십시오.
20%는 신경도 쓰지 않고 80%는 당신이 문제에 처했다는 사실에 기뻐할 것입니다.
Never tell your problems to anyone.
20% don’t care and the other 80% are glad you have them.

작사미상 / Unknown

인생이 당신에게 울수 있는 수백가지의 이유를 준다면,
당신을 웃게 하는 수천가지의 이유를 보여주십시오.
When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry,
show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.

브렌 브라운 / Brene Brown

우리가 힘들고 어두운 곳을 탐험할 용기가 있을 때,
우리가 가진 잠재력의 무한한 힘을 발견하게 됩니다
Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness
will we discover the infinite power of our light.

마크 트웨인 / Mark Twain

인류에게는 정말로 효과적인 무기가 하나 있다.
바로 웃음이다
The human race has one really effective weapon,
and that is laughter.

존 F. 케네디 / John F. Kennedy

우리에게는 존재하지 않는 것들을
꿈꿀 수 있는 사람들이 필요하다.
We need men who can dream of things that never were.

브렛 버틀러 / Brett Butler

이루어질 꿈도 이루어지지 않을 꿈만큼
불확실할 수 있다.
Dreams that do come true can be
as unsettling as those that don’t.

오프라 윈프리 / Oprah Winfrey

우리가 무슨 생각을 하느냐가
우리가 어떤 사람이 되는지를 결정합니다.
What we dwell on is who we become.

존 메이스필드 / John Masefield

이 인생에서는 마지막에 웃는 자가 가장 오래 웃는 자다
In this life he laughs longest who laughs last.

빅터 보르게 / Victor Borge

웃음은 두 사람간의 가장 가까운 거리다
Laughter is the closest distance between two people.

바이런 / Lord Byron

웃을 수 있을 때 언제든 웃어라. 공짜 보약이다.
Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine.