오늘의 명언
2020 · 5 · 26 Lev Tolstoy / 레프 톨스토이

예술은 손으로 만든 작품이 아니라 예술가가 경험한 감정의 전달이다.
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.

스티브 잡스 / Steve Jobs

많은 경우 사람들은 원하는 것을 보여주기 전까지는 무엇을 원하는 지도 모른다.

A lot of times, people don’t know what they want until you show it to them.

알버트 아인슈타인 / Albert Einstein

상식이란 18세까지 습득한 편견의 집합이다.
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.

요한 하인리히 페스탈로치 / Johann Heinrich Pestalozzi

가정의 단란함이 이 세상에서 가장 빛나는 기쁨이다.

그리고 자녀를 보는 즐거움은 사람의 가장 거룩한 즐거움이다.

Our home joys are the most delightful earth affords,

and the joy of parents in their children is the most holy joy of humanity.

오프라 윈프리 / Oprah Winfrey

당신은 모든 것을 할 수 있습니다. 다만 한번에 모두를 해낼 수는 없습니다.

You can have it all. Just not all at once.

랄프 왈도 에머슨 / Ralph Waldo Emerson

매일 매일이 일년 중에 최고의 날임을 가슴속에 새겨두세요.

Write it on your heart that everyday is the best day in the year.

밥 딜런 / Bob Dylan

영웅이란 자신에게 부여되는 자유와 그와 함께 동반되는 책임감을 이해하는 사람이다.

A hero is someone who understands the responsibility that comes with his freedom.

석가모니 / Buddha

인간을 사악한 길로 현혹시키는 것은

적이나 원수가 아니라 자신의 마음이다.

It is a man’s own mind, not his enemy or foe,

that lures him to evil ways.

유대인 속담 / Jewish Proverb

A bird that you set free may be caught again,

but a word that escapes your lips will not return.

새장안에서 놓아 준 새는 다시 가둘 수 있지만,

이미 해 버린 말은 다시 되담을 수 없습니다.

에픽테토스 / Epiktetos

말하는 것의 두배를 들으라고 우리는 두개의 귀와 하나의 입을 가지고 있다.
We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak

 

루 홀츠 / Lou Holtz

당신의 문제를 절대로 타인에게 말하지 마십시오.

20%는 신경도 쓰지 않고

80%는 당신이 문제에 처했다는 사실에 기뻐할 것입니다.

Never tell your problems to anyone.

20% don’t care and the other 80% are glad you have them.

엘리자베스 아덴 / Elizabeth Arden

모든 여성은 아름다워질 권리가 있다.

Every woman has the right to be beautiful.

헨리 제임스 / Henry James

여름 오후, 여름 오후

이 단어는 나에게 있어서 언제나 영어라는 언어에서 가장 아름다운 두 단어이다.

Summer afternoon, summer afternoon;

to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language.

틱낫한 / Thich Nhat Hanh

때로는 기쁨이 미소의 근원이기도 하지만,
때로는 미소가 기쁨의 근원이 되기도 한다.

Sometimes your joy is the source of yours smile,
but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

헨리 포드 / Henry Ford

배움을 멈추는 사람은 20대 또는 80대라 할지라도 누구나 늙은것입니다.

항상 배움을 실천하고 있는 사람은 젊습니다.

인생에서 가장 위대한 일은 젊은 마음을  유지하는 것입니다.
Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty.

Anyone who keeps learning stays young.

The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.

짐 버처 / Jim Butcher

모든게 지옥같이 힘들때,

조금도 꿈쩍하지 않고  너의 곁에 있어주는 사람들은 바로 가족이다.

When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching — they are your family.

브렌 브라운 / Brené Brown

우리가 힘들고 어두운 곳을 탐험할 용기가 있을 때에만,
우리가 갖고 있는 밝은 잠재력의 무한한 힘을 발견하게 됩니다.
Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will
we discover the infinite power of our light.

허먼 멜빌 / Herman Melville

인생은 집을 향한 여행이다.
Life′s a voyage that′s homeward bound.